Health Practitioners Safeguarding Children Training
To apply for a place on Single Agency (Health) Training
Following authorisation of training by line managers, please contact the training departments as outlined below:
- Staff employed by Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust - SC (NHS) FT
Staff who are new in post and have contact with parents/carers, young people and children should in the first instance attend the Trust '1 Day Welcome to Level 3 Safeguarding Training' before accessing SCSP Multi-agency Safeguarding Training. The Welcome to L3 Training is accessible via SC (NHS) FT Learning and Organisational Development Department (L&OD) - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff employed by Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
Staff should contact the Education and Training Development Department on Tel. 2716280 or Email: email@example.com. For E-Learning please contact Becci James on Tel. 2263106 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff employed by Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Staff should contact Nicola Smith on Tel. 2266644 or email email@example.com.
Please note that all health professionals should attend single agency (Health) safeguarding children training in the first instance before attending multi-agency SCSP Safeguarding Children Training.
Aims of Single Agency (Health) Training
To develop a good understanding of our professional responsibilities in relation to safeguarding; child protection and promoting the welfare of children and young people, in line with relevant legislation; statutory guidance and SCSP Procedures.
- Health Practitioners will be able to differentiate between vulnerable children, children-in-need, and children at risk of significant harm and decide on the most appropriate course of action.
- Health Practitioners will be able to apply current legislation and guidance to their daily work with children; young people and their families.
For details of who the named person for your organisation is please go to:
NHS Foundation Trust Contacts
After you have attended single agency (Health) training you will be able to maintain your safeguarding children training compliance by attending SCSP Multi-Agency Training available according to your need.