Referring a safeguarding concern to Children's Social Care
Sheffield Safeguarding Hub 0114 273 4855
Professionals and members of the public can call 0114 273 4855 at any time. They will be put through to a social worker to discuss safeguarding concerns about a child or young person.
The Sheffield Safeguarding Hub Office hours are from 8.45am to 5.15pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8.45am to 4.45pm (Friday) at all other times including Bank Holidays, calls will be responded to by the Emergency Duty Service.
The Safeguarding Hub:
- Includes South Yorkshire Police Officers, Social Workers including Early Help Prevention and Intervention Social Workers, Independent Domestic Violence Advisers and Health staff
- Will respond to new concerns about vulnerable children and young people by providing an integrated service with swift and secure information sharing between professionals
- Will not replace Early Help services where children are not at risk but may need support. To make a referral please complete an Early Help Assessment part 1 form where the children’s needs meet Thresholds of Needs 2 and 3. If children’s needs meet Threshold of Need 4, please complete an FCAF. For further advice there is a single number for the Multi Agency Support Teams 0114 2037485.
- Will not replace police reporting mechanisms - to report non-urgent matters for police action ring
- Will not deal with open cases where the child/family have an existing social worker. Please contact the area team directly here.
However, if a child or young person is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999
What will happen when I contact the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub?
You will be put through to a trained 'screening' social worker, who will:
Take information from you
- Offer advice and make a decision on how the concern will be dealt with
- Tell you what will happen next
- If you are a professional and your concerns are not considered to require an immediate response but meet the threshold for social care intervention you will be asked you to complete a Multi-Agency Confirmation Form (MACF) (instructions for Anycomms system available here) to be completed and returned to the Safeguarding HUB within 24 hours (Telephone advice given to professionals will not be recorded unless am immediate response is required)
- We will update Parents/Carers and Professionals of the outcome in writing within 3 days of all completed referrals
Members of the public can discuss their concerns in confidence and if necessary, anonymously.
We expect professionals to:
Follow the guidance in Making a Referral following the Identification of Child Safety and Welfare Concerns
- Be clear about their safeguarding concern, what it is and who it is about
- Refer to the Thresholds of Need Guidance to support the judgement about the level of concern being raised
- Where advised follow up their contact with the Safeguarding Hub by completing a Multi-Agency Confirmation Form (MACF)
- Inform the family that they are contacting Children's Social Care (unless this will put the child at risk). It is not essential to obtain consent for information sharing with other professionals, however if consent is obtained this will speed up decision making.
Advice on Completing the MACF
Sheffield Safeguarding Hub Poster