Quick Exit

Referring a safeguarding concern to Children's Social Care

Sheffield Safeguarding Hub

Professionals and members of the public can call 0114 273 4855 at any time and be put through to a social worker to discuss safeguarding concerns about a child or young person. 

From 5.15pm to 8.45am (Monday to Thursday) or 4.45pm (Friday) to  to 8.45am (Monday) calls will go through to an answer phone run by the Emergency Duty Service, who will ring you back.

The Safeguarding Hub:

  • Includes South Yorkshire Police Officers, Social Workers, Independent Domestic Violence Advisers and Health staff
  • Will respond to concerns about vulnerable children and young people by providing an integrated service with swift and secure information sharing between professionals
  • Will not replace police reporting mechanisms - to report non-urgent matters for police action ring 101.

However, if a child or young person is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999

What will happen when I contact the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub?

You will be put through to a trained 'screening' social worker, who will:

  • Take information from you
  • Make a decision on how the concern will be dealt with 
  • Tell you what will happen next
  • Ask you to complete a Multi-Agency Confirmation Form (MACF) if you are a professional
  • Update you of the outcome in writing within 3 days

Members of the public can discuss their concerns in confidence and if necessary, anonymously.

We expect professionals to:


Have your say...

Comments are closed for this article