Pastoral & support staff
The training pathway for pastoral and support staff is the same as for all staff with regular contact with children and young people in education settings:
- Face-to-Face Safeguarding Children Induction
- Safeguarding Children in Education e-learning
- Basic Safeguarding Children in Education Training
- Other useful e-learning courses (see below)
- Family CAF (Common Assessment Framework)
- Working Together: promoting well-being and keeping children safe
- Multi-agency seminars and other training
The SCSP provides a number of online courses covering a range of topics including: child sexual exploitation; victims of trafficking; children and young peoples mental health; children of prisoners. All courses are free unless you are an independent or 'free' school.
To enroll for a course you need to self-register and then you can access the course straight away. If you already have an e-learning training account you can log on here and access further courses through your 'Requested Learning Tab'.
Family CAF (Common Assessment Framework):
The 'Family CAF' training is available to education settings from the Family CAF Team. For further information please follow this link: Early Help Training – Whole Family Ways of Working
This is a multi-agency course run by the Sheffield Children Safeguarding Partnership (SCSP), exploring how different staff and agencies can work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. The course includes some training for the Common Assessment Framework and Lead Professional Role.
For further information about this course and to book a place, please use the link in the title above.
Multi-agency seminars and other training:
- The Sheffield Children Safeguarding Partnership (SCSP) provides a variety of multi-agency training, workshops and seminars which are free for staff in education settings. The areas covered include: adult mental health; parents in prison; parents who are drug or alcohol misusers; neglect; working with uncooperative families, and more.
Follow this link to find out more about Multi-Agency Training.
- Pastoral and support staff with a significant safeguarding role are also welcome, with the agreement of their Head Teacher, to attend the Advanced Initial and Refresher Safeguarding Children in Education training for Designated Safeguarding Leads and Deputies. This training will help to develop their knowledge of safeguarding children processes, multi-agency working and supporting children and their families.
For further information go to the training page for Designated Safeguarding Leads & Deputies