Referring a safeguarding concern to Children's Social Care
Sheffield Safeguarding Hub
Professionals and members of the public can call 0114 273 4855 at any time and be put through to a social worker to discuss safeguarding concerns about a child or young person.
From 5.15pm to 8.45am (Monday to Thursday) or 4.45pm (Friday) to to 8.45am (Monday) calls will be responded to by the Emergency Duty Service.
Sheffield Safeguarding Hub Poster
Sheffield Safeguarding Hub Briefing
The Safeguarding Hub:
- Includes South Yorkshire Police Officers, Social Workers, Independent Domestic Violence Advisers and Health staff
- Will respond to new concerns about vulnerable children and young people by providing an integrated service with swift and secure information sharing between professionals
- Will not replace Early Help services where children are not at risk but may need support. To make a referral please complete an Early Help Assessment part 1 form available at http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/earlyhelp . For further advice there is a new single number for the Multi Agency Support Teams 0114 2037485.
- Will not replace police reporting mechanisms - to report non-urgent matters for police action ring 101.
- Will not deal with open cases where the child/family have an existing social worker. Please contact the area team directly here.
However, if a child or young person is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999
What will happen when I contact the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub?
You will be put through to a trained 'screening' social worker, who will:
- Take information from you
- Make a decision on how the concern will be dealt with
- Tell you what will happen next
- Ask you to complete a Multi-Agency Confirmation Form (MACF) if you are a professional
- Update you of the outcome in writing within 3 days
Members of the public can discuss their concerns in confidence and if necessary, anonymously.
We expect professionals to: